Monday, April 19, 2010

The Forbidden Fruit

I'm convinced that Eve's forbidden fruit was actually little DQ blizzards dangling from the limbs of the tree. Those tasty little treats are devilishly delicious! They also happen to be BOGO $.25 cents this week to celebrate their anniversary at your local Dairy Queen. Happy Birthday Blizzard! We're happy you were born 25 delicious years ago. For FHE tonight we decided we better join in on the festivities and wish this cold dessert a big Happy B-day.


I wanted to line up the girls with their Blizzards for a fun picture. However, after I snapped the photo I realized that Kaitlyn was experiencing a blizzard brain freeze the very moment I pushed the button. I got a little frustrated and told her to smile through the pain. I really needed this shot because my blizzard was quickly melting in the other room. The following picture shows Kaitlyn attempting to smile through her tears!

Finally Mom came to the rescue and told the girls a silly joke to get their cute smiles below. Colie and Jessy's eyes close into little crecent moon shapes when they smile big just like their moms'. I think its darling!
So...one 'Hawaiian', one 'Banana Cream Pie' and one 'Oooey Gooey Carmel Brownie' Blizzard later and they were all cold, happy, campers.

7 comments:

Sydna Graf said...

I shouldn't have read this right before lunch. It makes me even hungrier. Curt loves DQ. I can't believe you didn't give the baby a taste. That's something Curt would have done!

Ryan and Donna said...

Oh, you underestimate me Sydna! The baby had a taste of all three blizzards and especially liked the ooey gooey caramel brownie blizzard and then we paid for it when she left us "Ooey Gooey Brownie Bits" in her diaper last night.
--Ryan

Sharla said...

Oh my goodness! Those are the most adorable girls and the three pics just made me giggle and then feel sad for Kate and then smile again. I wonder if our DQ is having a similar deal? Brian just found a custard place in Orem and we have been twice in the last three days! Yikes!! Favorite, Chocolate Custard with a whole Brownie twirled inside!

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

Such cute little girls! I love the fake "smiles" at that age. Way to go, Donna, for getting their real ones to come out of hiding :-)

Oh, and DQ blizzards sound so, so good right now. I'm glad they were born, too!

PS-My dad would have done the same with the baby haha. Must be a Graf thing!

Angie said...

The girls are getting so big. I can't believe it! They're beautiful. Your comment about the forbidden fruit made me laugh. :) And now i'm craving ice cream... I might have to head for the freezer.....

Mills Family said...

"Ooey Gooey Brownie Pohey"...that is what my supervisor at work calls that flavor! haha! So, for secretaries day the doctors bought us staff all DQ blizzards! It was yum! I went with my supervisor to pick up the 25 blizzards at DQ. It was crazy trying to get everyone the correct one as we passed them out back at the office. I LOVE that you guys went for FHE! Is the deal still going on? Maybe I'll have to take my kids for FHE this week!! I love your girls!!!!! They are all so dang cute and funny!! Yeah!!!!! I can't WAIT until you guys live CLOSER to us soon!!!!!!! I hear a PARTY!!!

Emily said...

Oh how sad for Kaitlyn...your girls are getting so grown-up!
Hooray for DQ Blizzards! :)