Monday, November 16, 2009

Aviation Nation in Las Vegas

Aviation Nation left Matt and Ashley at Edwards AFB and headed to Nellis AFB in Lost Wages, Nevada. It was a beautiful day in Vegas for the Air Show and the kids thought all those jets were pretty cool.
The F-22 Raptor. It was fun to finally see one of these up close on the ground and then later in the air exhibiting its power.
The kids got to sit in the Cockpit of a C5 transport plane.
Kaitlin mannin' the Fifty. Look out Al-Qaeda!

Nicole was not too fond of all the Jets screaming by at 500 miles per hour. She coiled up in the Stroller and tried to avoid the noise.

My favorite part of the day was the Amazing Thunderbid show. These F-16 pilots are incredibly talented. They put on a great show for all the fans. Here is a short video of them performing a Barrel Roll in perfect synchronization.

6 comments:

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

How fun! I'm glad you all liked it... well, almost all of you :-) Those planes ARE pretty loud. And the Thunderbirds are basically the best. They fly over the stadium just as the cadets toss their hats in the air at the end of the Academy's graduation and then perform for the next 45 minutes or so. Pretty cool! I love the video and the picture you took of them in formation. I don't know if they mentioned it at the show or not, but Nellis is actually where the top new fighter pilots train--so it's pretty sweet that you saw the F-16s and 22s there in Vegas!

Angie said...

Wow, that is so cool! I love the video you got, that really is impressive. I think it's so great that you take your little family for fun outings like this. These are memories your girls will have forever! :)

The Graf Family said...

Looks like you guys know how to go and have some fun. It will be fun to have you at the house for Thanksgiving. See you then. Love the picture of Kate with the gun.

Mills Family said...

Oh wow! Ry, I didn't know that you guys went down there!!!!! That is something that looks WAY COOL do go and see! I bet your whole family had a ball! I want do go and do that now!!!!!

Joe. said...

yanno, I'm kicking myself now that I didn't go. :D

Sharla said...

High flyin fun! Grafs really know how to do that. Always up for a party and something exciting. It is so fun to be a part of such an enthusiastic bunch. Brian thought of you when he was down in the stadium crowd surfing the players. You were his inspiration! Glad you had a great time. Awesome pics by the way and the the video, Wow!