Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Years Eve

For New Years we traveled North to Utah County to visit family. We stopped at the ice rink in Provo and the girls tried Ice Skating for the first time. They used these skate aids which made it really fun for them.




We met up with Mike and his family at the rink telepathically. We both happened to show up with our families at exactly 3PM on New Years Eve. We had lots of fun skating around, trying not to crash into people and fall down.


Next we were off to Kim and Shaun's house to partay with the fam.


Colby hadn't even drank any bubbly yet and he is already 1 sheet to the wind.






We ate a yummy dinner. I'm still dreaming of that delicious fruit and cream dish Sydna made.



Now we're talkin' I'm not sure what the brocolli is doing amongst all this goodness. Are those gummy bears by the twizzlers? Just for the record, Shaun had purchased a 6 pound bag of those puppies and I would be surprised if there was more than a couple ounces left by midnight!





Phase 10 Baby!



The cousins all raced outside at the stroke of midnight with their pots and pans.

Now we break out the Bubbly. Kassy: 2 Sheets to the Wind.






Kim: 3 Sheets to the Wind. Even Little Macy was puttin' it back at midnight.




The next day we gathered at Mike's ward to repent of our midnight misdeeds...and join Matt and Ashley for the blessing of little Jake. Afterwards we met at Mike's seminary to enjoy a luncheon. It was great to see so many of our Northern Utah family. We always have lots of fun together.


7 comments:

Sharla said...

Partying Graf style! I am going to have to remember that "sheets to the wind" comment, cause that is a new one for me. Looks like the party of the century and one you won't forget. The Graf's really know how to bring in the New Year, and what yummy food. You guys may just have to move on up here!

Mills Family said...

yes, i agree with sharla...you guys need to move up to northern teritory! Hey, so glad you guys took pictures. We now have images to our stories we've been told about the fun new years party! Jay and I arived home from Nevada after new years weekend and crawled into bed late that night to find a some surprise BANDAIDS amongst the sheets!!!! ahhhh!!!! hahahahaha, we were laughing pretty hard! (we tried to call you and giggle with you about that...but no answer)....jay says that he was also wondering why he found "one sock" ....glitter...and oil...in the bed!! hee hee! JK....but the bandaids had us rolling! Sorry we missed out on the fun graf party up here. We were bringing in the new year in sunny nevada and had a great time there as well.

Ryan and Donna said...

HA HA! Donna and Her Glitter! Now the secret is out! That bed of yours will never be the same. Happy New Year!

--Ry

Mills Family said...

oh yes...glitter! I never thought about spicing things up with GLITTER! haha, now jay is out to walmart buying all kinds of colors of glitter!!..... I keep telling him it's not for HIM, it's for me!! hahahahaha

Sydna Graf said...

I won't have Curt read this. Glitter might give him ideas! It would put him 3 sheets to the wind!

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

Hooray for Graf family parties! It was so fun seeing you at the ice rink and playing at Kim & Shaun's, and it meant so much to have part of Jake's blessing. Come up North to play next time we're in town, too!

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

Haha! I just read the rest of the comments and seriously, I have the best aunts and uncles ever. Awesome :)