Before I begin with our activties for the 4th of July, I need to deliver some crazy news. Cedar City has a Beach! Yep, thats right......Forget St. Thomas (angie), forget Kauai (ashley), forget Maui (sharla), forget even the beach of Tibble Fork (sydna).....you have not lived until you've felt the grainy sand between your toes at the
Beach on the Leigh Hill!!! The proof is in the picture...

Now, on to the fourth. I love going to Cedar for the 4th of July. So many fun memories during that time in Cedar City. Its fun to watch my girls experience those same traditions. We had tons of fun with family at Grandma's house, the parade, the festival at the park, and now the Beach. I'm still in shock about that last one. You gotta see it to believe it....

Jay Ray strikin' a pose. I think he actually may be tooting in this photo. Poor Sheri

Megs and Trey enjoying the barbecue

The older kids got the best seat in the house for the dinner.

Nate and Alisha put on a great Barbecue for all of us. I'm still thinking of that yummy pink salad with Marshmellows. It was a hit.

The newest member of the Triple Deuce Artilary Battalion. Trev just returned from AIT training and told us some fun stories from Boot Camp.

Ole' Crusher Himself enjoying the Barbecue. (See Sharla's Blog for explanation)



Sleeping at Grandma's with all the cousins is like one big slumber party. Lots of fun.

Here we are all lined up for the big parade on the 4th.

Main Street in Cedar City


We love to go to the park after the parade and the first place we hit is the "Fishing Pond"

My favorite 5 women in the world. Megan Fox comes in a close 6th. Oh wait, my mom takes the 6th spot....Megan comes in a close 7th.
(I'm just joking Donna, tee hee)

The fourth of july wouldn't be complete without cotton candy.

That stuff is so dang hard to eat. But its so fun to try!

We ran into Huddy and Amalia working the Cotton Candy booth at the park. Huddy was covered in fluffy pink strands of cotton candy. Amalia kept saying he was extra sweet for her!

We painted Kortney's chubby toes red for the fourth.

And by the end of the day, this is how it ended. Nicole passed out in the Middle of eating one of her parade candies. I guess thats why they call them 'Now and Laters'! Look at those Rosy Candy Lips. Classic!
6 comments:
I laughed out loud and/or smiled all the way through this post. So many priceless pictures, great memories of the Fourth in Cedar City, and your hilarious commentary. I can't stop laughing! Okay and I am seriously impressed with that beach!! Look out St. Thomas.... Leigh Hill has got it going on. ;) Seriously though it looks really fun. It all looks like it was a blast. Our family pretty much rocks. Fun to see pics of all the "Southern Grafs" having a great time together.
We had fun seeing you guys. Now that we have a beach you better come up here more often!
That's all you needed to make Cedar practically perfect--a beach! Such cute pictures. Loved the baby toes. I decided I need a baby...for a few hours. You'll need to come visit so I can get my baby fix.
BEACH!!! I still can't believe it! We were all shaking our heads the whole time there! So crazy to see that on the Leigh Hill! We will have many fun times there now huh! Hey, I LOVED this post! Your pics are so awesome! I'm gonna post mine tomorrow!! So much fun with you guys and with everyone there huh!!! Hope we can all get together soon again! Hey, by the way, I LOVE your new house in washington!!! I'll post those pics tomorrow too!
Ok Ryan, I am still laughing and yes I am by myself looking ridiculous because I am laughing uncontrollably! You are so dang funny and I loved how you put down the events of this fourth of July and made us all jelouse that we were not there. Who needs St. Thomas when you have Leigh hill. I am selling our Lake Powell time share and taking up a beach vacations in Cedar!!
Jealous, is what I meant to say, and by the way Trevor is ripped! How fun to see all the cousins, we need to get together soon!
Post a Comment