Sunday, March 1, 2009

How the Other Half Live

Each year I look forward to enjoying the local Parade of Homes. A guy can dream, right? Actually this annual outing is a severe dose of coveting. I'll admit, I am guilty of this commandment and need to work on it. It just genuinely amazes me how some people live. Most of these homes are second or third homes of wealthy individuals who only use them for a few months out of the year. Truly amazing! Click on the picture to take a closer look at the view out this window.

The view from the entrance. No need for hanging artwork when mother nature provides these landscapes!

This is the backyard of the home above. A Microsoft Executive owns this $5Million Beauty at the Ledges of Snow Canyon.


My personal favorites each year are always the incredible homes at Kachina Springs at Snow Canyon. The homes are breathtaking.

Just one of the many amazing backyards in Dixie! Gotta love the views.



This 16K square foot home was the hit this year. Complete with an Indiana Jones themed back yard (theres a hot tub with a huge flat screen in that cave!) The home had an indoor basketball court with adjoining racketball court in the basement. Who says there's a recession in this country anyway?!?!?!


This indoor b-ball court had a climbing wall, putting green, and full weight room off to the left of my picture. I'll bet all the kids in the neighborhood will live at this house! That huge movie screen would make for some fun movie nights!

This is Donna coveting! After the home show we returned to our cramped 3 bedroom apartment and reality set in! We actually like our humble little abode. Its comfy and just right for our little family...but I wouldn't mind that indoor basketball court. :-)

7 comments:

Angie said...

wooooowwwwww. that is amazing. i am also coveting. and it is going to be a long time before we are even in a tiny sized house. oh well it's fun to see this kind of thing!

Sharla said...

Hey! I was just waiting to see some amazing picture you found of Lisa! Can't you find just one crazy picture of your sister to post and make up some story about? tee hee But really, I do love those homes! St. George has very unique and beautiful scenery and growing up in So. Utah we can really appreciate that. Angie will have thee New York sky line for her scenery and it will look huge next to her tiny apt. So much fun no matter the space of our abodes. It is what is inside the home that really counts and you are full of all the right stuff.

Emily said...

I went to the Parade of Home this year too...I sooo know what you mean about the coveting thing. Even though I really love our house!! There were some amazing houses with amazing views! unbelievable!!

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

We go to the Utah Valley Parade of Homes every year, but I’m pretty sure the St. George one is more impressive. Probably just because they can have amazing pools year-round :-)

PS- I sent you two a Save the Date for our wedding using the address my parents have but it got sent back because it said there was an insufficient address… so maybe it needed the long zip code or something? Anyway, if you could send me your address so I can get it back to you, that’d be great!

Angie said...

klane's portfoio is now linked on our blog in the sidebar. its at www.reasonablyawesome.com

Mills Family said...

Oh my gosh!!!!! How did I miss this post! Ummmmm, Jay and I are totally coming with you next year!...then we can all cry together afterwards ok! Lets buy chocolate ahead of time so that we are prepared ok!

Charlene said...

Those homes are awesome! Amazing view and love the pools. That one home (16k) is bigger than our temple here in Newport Beach......which is kind of crazy...but I did hear of a 30,000s.f home on the market here in OC yours for only - 75 million. It has a bowling alley, movie theater, cafe, auto museum w/car elevator and a "grotto" with 3 pools, 2 jacuzzis and a water slide....oh yeah and it takes up 3ocean front lots. to boggle the mind check it out: http://www.abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=1976251